Aboite Girls Basketball League– youth basketball league for the girls in the SWAC school district
- Website: AGBL
- Blog post: “You Are Not John Wooden and That Is Okay”
African/ African-American Historical Museum- museum that strives to educate and promote a better understanding and appreciation of African and African-American history and culture
- Website: AAAHM
- Blog post: “A True Place of History”
AIDS Task Force– nonprofit organization that works to improve the lives of people living with HIV and AIDS in Northeast Indiana.
- Website: AIDS Task Force
- Blog post: “Improving The Lives of Those With HIV/AIDS”
Allen County SPCA– organization that promotes the prevention of cruelty to animals by providing a home to homeless pets, an effective adoption program, and education and outreach programs.
- Website: ACSPCA
- Blog post: “Adopt, Do Not Shop”
All-Star Greyhounds- Rescue organization that finds homes for retired racing greyhounds in Central and Northeast Indiana.
- Website: All-Star Greyhounds
- Blog post: “A Greyt Cause” “Greyhounds In The Park”
Alzheimer’s Association– the leading, global organization for Alzheimer care and support, and the largest private, non-profit funder of Alzheimer’s research
- Website: Alzheimer’s Association
- Blog post: “A Walk to End Alzheimer’s” “Alzheimer’s Sucks!”
American Cancer Society– the largest nonprofit health organization committed to saving lives from every cancer and improving the quality of life for people facing the disease.
- Website: American Cancer Society
- Blog post: “Donating Hair To Bring Hope”
American Heart Association– national organization with the mission to build healthier lives free of cardiovascular diseases and stroke
- Website: American Heart Association
- Blog post: “Go Red for Women”
American Red Cross– prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
- Website: American Red Cross
- Blog posts: “A Unique Way to Save Lives” “Be Thankful and Give”
Angola Balloons Aloft- Balloon festival that brings hot air balloon entertainment to the people of Northern Indiana
- Website: Angola Balloons Aloft
- Blog post: “Wrestling a 900 Pound Dragon” “Up, Up, Up and Away”
Associated Churches– a group of 130 church congregations serving the Fort Wayne and Allen County area through ministry.
- Website: Associated Churches
- Blog post: “Unstuff A Bus”
Be The Match– the donor registry operated by National Marrow Donor Program. They help patients receive bone marrow transplants.
- Website: Be The Match
- Blog Post: “Register, Be a Match, Save a Life”
Big Brothers Big Sisters– A mentoring organization that helps children reach their potential through one-on-one relationships.
- Website: Big Brothers Big Sisters of Northeast Indiana
- Blog posts: “A Big Impact” “My Little Brother, My Friend”
Blue Jacket Inc – nonprofit organization that provides adult ex-offenders and other hard-to-employ individuals with the tools and opportunities to become productive members of society
- Website: Blue Jacket
- Blog post: Second Chance is Everyone’s Business
Boys and Girls Club– an organization inspiring all young people, especially those in need, to reach their full potential as productive, caring citizens.
- Website: Boys and Girls Clubs of Fort Wayne
- Blog posts: “A Positive Place for Kids” “Be Thankful and Give”
Bread for the World– a grassroots movement urging our nation’s leaders to end hunger.
- Website: Bread for the World
- Blog Post: “Bread for the World”
Cancer Services of Northeast Indiana– offers services to those with cancer in Northeast Indiana.
- Website: Cancer Services of Northeast Indiana
- Blog posts: “Sharing a Ribbon of Support” “A Short Drive with a Large Impact”
Cardinal Services of Indiana– organization that supports people with disabilities or challenges in reaching their personal goals.
- Website: Cardinal Services
- Blog post: “A Cardinal Friend”
Cards for Hospitalized Kids– charitable organization that spreads hope, joy, and happiness through homemade cards to children in hospitals all over America
- Website: Cards for Hospitalized Kids
- Blog post: “Encouragement Through a Card”
Catholic Charities Homework Help– provides homework assistance for the children of Burmese refugees.
- Website: Catholic Charities
- Blog post: “Kickball and Reading Books Break Down Barriers”
Center for Nonviolence– provides education, support, and advocacy to end domestic and other forms of violence.
- Website: Center for Nonviolence
- Blog post: “The Center for Nonviolence”
Charity Miles– app that allows you to support charities while running, walking or biking
- Website: Charity Miles
- Blog post: “Helping Other By Running”
Christmas Commandos– identifies families who have lost a loved one and provides them with a special Christmas.
- Blog post: “Christmas Commandos”
Color A Smile– organization that spreads smiles through the cheerful drawings of children
- Website: Color A Smile
- Blog post: “Color A Smile”
Color Vibe– 5K fun run that might be the most awesome 5K ever
- Website: Color Vibe
- Blog post: “The Most Colorful Week Yet”
Community Action of Northeast Indiana– non-profit organization dedicated to removing the causes and conditions of poverty in Northeast Indiana.
- Website: Community Action of Northeast Indiana
- Blog post: “Open Your Eyes to Poverty”
Community Harvest– Food Bank in Northeast Indiana that alleviates hunger throught the full use of donated food and resources.
- Website: Community Harvest
- Blog post: “Food For Thought”
Community Transportation Network– nonprofit organization that provides dependable and efficient transportation to those in need to ensure that no one is ever left behind.
- Website: CTN
- Blog post: “It Is More Than Transportation”
Cornerstone Youth Center– youth organization that provides opportunities for positive moral growth and life-skills development for children and families in Southeast Allen County.
- Website: Cornerstone Youth Center
- Blog post: “The Cornerstone of a Community”
Crossroad Child and Family Services– treatment provider for children with emotionally troubled children
- Website: Crossroad
- Blog post: “Painting for Children”
Dare to Dream Youth Ranch– organization that rescues abused, neglected, and dying horses and uses them in the development and encouragement of children.
- Website: Dare to Dream Youth Ranch
- Blog post: “Life-Changing Horse Play“
Dr. Bill Lewis Center for Children– nonprofit organization that givens children who are victims of sexual abuse a safe, neutral place to talk.
- Website: Dr. Lewis Center for Children
- Blog post: “Supporting Children of Sexual Abuse”
Downtown Improvement District- creates a strong, economically vibrant urban core of the Northeast Indiana region through special events and marketing, beautification efforts, and advocacy and business development.
- Website: Downtown Improvement District
- Blog post: “Giving Time to Beautify Our City” “A Tweet And A Trolley”
Easter Seals ARC– a community resource working with children and adults with disabilities and special needs to promote growth, dignity, and independence.
- Website: Easter Seals ARC of Northeast Indiana
- Blog post: “Can Dancing Be A Special Experience?”
Elevate City Church– Fort Wayne church with a huge heart for service that strives to be a church for the unchurched and spiritually restless.
- Website: Elevate City Church
- Blog post: “Reconnecting With Old Friends”
Erin’s House for Grieving Children– provides support for children, teens, and families during the loss of a loved one.
- Website: Erin’s House for Grieving Children
- Blog post: “A Place for Grieving Children”
Five Star Life– an organization that challenges students to maximize their human potential through after-school events, coach/student relationships, and leadership activities focused around five values.
- Website: Five Star
- Blog post: “I Give it 5 Stars”
Focus On Health– Health fair that offers free health checks and interactive learning centers to help participants detect diseases and make informed healthcare decisions.
- Website: Focus On Health
- Blog post: “Sometimes All You Need Is A Smile”
Forgotten Children Worldwide– assists orphans and vulnerable children worldwide through child sponsorship, clothing distribution, and human trafficking prevention.
- Website: Forgotten Children Worldwide
- Blog Post: “No Child Forgotten” “The Gift of Sponsorship”
Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo– children’s zoo that is operated by the non-profit Fort Wayne Zoological Society .
- Website: Fort Wayne Children’s Zoo
- Blog post: “Participating in Animal Enrichment” “A Stranger, Teens, and The Zoo”
Fort Wayne Dance Collective– a non-profit organization with the mission to inspire and empower people of all ages and abilities through movement and rhythm.
- Website: Fort Wayne Dance Collective
- Blog post: “Get Up and Dance”
Fort Wayne Get Green Fest– St. Patrick’s Day festival that raises funds to support local charities and scholarships.
- Website: Fort Wayne Get Green Fest
- Blog post: “A Cold Day in a Bounce House”
Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation– enhances the quality of life in Fort Wayne by providing positive opportunities for leisure time and by being stewards of our park lands, facilities, public trees, and other resources entrusted to our care.
- Website: Fort Wayne Parks and Recreation
- Blog post: “An Amazing Race”
Fort Wayne Pet Food Pantry– organization with a mission to keep pets at home with their families by providing free pet food to those who cannot afford to feed their pets.
- Website: Fort Wayne Pet Food Pantry
- Blog post: “Keeping Pets At Home with Their Families” “A Summer Pup-nic” “Volunteering With One Of Our Favorites”
Fort Wayne Trails– Enhancing a vibrant and healthy community by developing an ever-expanding network of trails.
- Website: Fort Wayne Trails
- Blog post: “Happy Trails” “Bike Valets for a Great Organization”
Friends of the Third World– organization that empowers people all over the world to overcome poverty and prime the fair trade markets from growing demand for economic justice
- Website: Friends of the Third World
- Blog post: “Supporting the Third World”
Genesis Outreach– organization that provide affordable housing and programs with the purpose and hope that they will lead to permanent housing, self-sufficient lives, and long-term sobriety.
- Website: Genesis Outreach
- Blog Post: “Everyone Has A Story, Take Time To Hear It”
Good Bears of the World– organization that spreads love and caring through the gifting of teddy bears and other stuffed animals to traumatized children and lonely adults.
- Website: Good Bears of the World
- Blog post: “Showing Love Through a Teddy Bear”
Habitat for Humanity– a non-profit, Christian housing organization that builds simple, affordable housing in partnership with people in need.
- Website: Habitat for Humanity
- Blog post: “A Decent Place To Live”
Hancock Hope House– provides shelter to homeless families in Hancock, Rush, and Shelby counties in Indiana.
- Website: Hancock Hope House
- Blog posts: “Sharing Hope” “A Dress for Success”
Healthier Moms and Babies– a perinatal project that strives to reduce infant mortality and improve the outcomes of pregnancy for at-risk families.
- Website: Healthier Moms and Babies
- Blog post: “Community Collaboration and a Baby Shower”
Healthy Cities Health Fair and Veterans’ Stand Down– event that provides health services for military veterans and other non-insured individuals in the community.
Henry County Amateur Radio Club– promoting fun and fellowship through amateur radio.
- Website: Henry County Amateur Radio Club
- Blog post: “Going Ham on Field Day”
Hoosier Gym– a non-profit organization that serves Knightstown and other surrounding communities in Central Indiana. It is the famous home of the Hickory Huskers.
- Website: Hoosier Gym
- Blog post: “A Community Treasure”
H.O.P.E for Animals– eliminating unnecessary euthanasia of companion animals through education, low cost spay/neuter/wellness, and rescue.
- Website: H.O.P.E for Animals
- Blog posts: “Celebrating a Forever Home” “Opening Our Eyes to Need and Filling It”
Hope House– a not-for-profit organization that offers State Certified transitional residential programs for homeless women recovering from chemical dependency.
- Website: Hope House
- Blog post: “Hugs not Drugs”
House of Hope Northeast Indiana– a Christian residential home, school and farm for teenage boys, ages 13-17. We provide a Christ-centered home, on a farm setting, where teenagers in crisis are healed and restored to their families.
- Website: House of Hope NEI
- Blog post: “Hope On The Farm”
Huntertown United Methodist Church– faith-based organization serving the community through ministry.
- Website: Huntertown United Methodist Church
- Blog post: “A Clothing Ministry”
James S. McFadden Resource Center & Summit Equestrian Center– organization that uses horses in the development of youth.
- Website: James S. McFadden Resource Center & Summit Equestrian Center
- Blog post: “An Unbelievable Experience”
Junior Achievement of Northern Indiana– organization that empowers young people to own their future economic success by enhancing the relevancy of education.
- Website: Junior Achievement of Northern Indiana
- Blog post: “A Teacher For A Day” “Teaching Global Marketplace to 25 Sixth Grade Boys”
Kate’s Kart– organization that supplies free books to children who are hospitalized. Each book creates a diversion for the child and family while promoting love for books and improved literacy.
- Website: Kate’s Kart
- Blog post: “Books From the Heart”
Little Free Library- a “take-a-book, leave-a-book” gathering place where people can share their favorite books.
- Website: Little Free Library
- Blog post: “A Little Free Library”
Little River Wetlands Project– a nonprofit land trust with the goal of restoring and preserving wetlands in the watershed of the Little River.
- Website: Little River Wetlands Project
- Blog post: “The Search for Phragmites”
Love In Deed SHAREHOUSE– organization that makes non-perishable goods readily available for nonprofit organizations and churches in Northeast Indiana.
- Website: not available at this time
- Blog post: “Strengthening Churches and Nonprofits”
Lutheran Social Services– offers emergency assistance, child abuse prevention, childcare, parenting, and counseling programs.
- Website: Lutheran Social Services of Indiana
- Blog post: “It Takes A Village”
Mad Anthonys Children’s Hope House– a caring place that offers temporary, minimal-cost lodging to families of children receiving medical care away from home.
- Website: Mad Anthonys Children’s Hope House
- Blog post: “A Hometown Chef”
March of Dimes– organization that helps moms have full-term pregnancies and research the problems that threaten the health of babies.
- Website: March of Dimes
- Blog posts: “World Prematurity Day” “March for Babies” “I’m Born To”
McMillen Center for Health Education– health organization that provides vital, effective preventive health education that promotes physical, emotional, and social well-being.
- Website: McMillen Center for Health Education
- Blog post: “A Center for Health Education”
Movember– a mustache growing charity event held in November every year that raises funds and awareness for men’s health issues.
- Website: Movember
- Blog post: “I Mustache You a Question”
Mustard Seed Furniture Bank– provides household furnishings to families and individuals in the community as they rebuild after personal tragedy or catastrophic misfortunes.
- Website: Mustard Seed Furniture Bank
- Blog post: “Furnishing Help To Rebuild Lives”
National Multiple Sclerosis Society of Indiana– organization that works to improve the quality of life for people affected by MS in Indiana and northwestern Kentucky and raise funds for critical MS research.
- Website: National Multiple Sclerosis Society- Indiana Chapter
- Blog post: “A Tweet And A Trolley”
NeighborLink Fort Wayne– organization focused on serving the community through practical, neighbor-to-neighbor, expressions of God’s love.
- Website: NeighborLink FortWayne
- Blog posts: “Love Your Neighbor” “A Painting Project” “Raking Leaves To Help A Neighbor” “A New Coat of Paint With Meaning” “Grab A Rake and Get Busy” “The Ultimate Power Tool”
New Life Community Meal Ministry– offers a free meal to anyone in the community who needs one.
- Website: New Life Community Meal Ministry
- Blog post: “A Daily Meal”
Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep– provides the gift of remembrance photography for parents suffering the loss of a baby.
- Website: NILMDTS | Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep
- Blog post: “Provide A Helping Hand and Healing Heart” “No Footprint Too Small”
Northeast Indiana Burn Council– organization that provides financial, in-kind, and other assistance to burn survivors and their families.
- Website: Northeast Indiana Burn Council
- Blog post: “A Suite Place for Burn Families”
Northeast Indiana Public Radio– the non-profit licensee for WBOI 89.1 NPR News & Jazz, and classical WBNI 94.1.
- Website: Northeast Indiana Public Radio
- Blog post: “All Things Considered”
Operation Military Kids– the U.S. Army’s collaborative effort with America’s communities to support children and youth impacted by deployment.
- Website: Operation Military Kids
- Blog post: “Operation: Military Kids”
PBS 39– Fort Wayne, Indiana public television station.
- Website: PBS 39
- Blog posts: “May I Take Your Pledge?” “Be Thankful and Give”
Project Linus– Provides warmth, comfort, and love to children in need through handmade blankets.
- Website: Project Linus- Fort Wayne Chapter
- Blog post: “Handmade Blankets of Love”
Random Acts of Kindness Foundation– inspiring people to practice kindness and pass it on to others.
- Website: RAK Foundation
- Blog post: “Random Acts of Kindness”
Real Men Read– program created to close the reading gap in local schools by having “Real Men” go into schools and read book to students.
- Website: Real Men Read
- Blog posts: “Read and Be a Rockstar” “Learn to Love to Read” “High-Fives, Hugs, and a Great Story”
Redemption House Ministries– organization that ministers to women in a home setting as an alternative to incarceration
- Website: Redemption House Ministries
- Blog post: “A House of Redemption”
Remedy Live– internet webstation for teens that hosts positive music content, interactive chat support, and issue based show content to help a generation live their lives on purpose and not by accident.
- Website: Remedy Live
- Blog post: “Impacting Lives as a Soul Medic”
Ronald McDonald House of Northeast Indiana– a home away from home for families who have a child hospitalized at Parkview Hospital.
- Website: Ronald McDonald House of Northeast Indiana
- Blog posts: “A Home Away From Home” “Big Shoes and Spare Change”
Saints on the Streets– a homeless ministry in Fort Wayne, Indiana
- Website: Saints on the Streets
- Blog posts: “A Night on the Streets” “We Are Not Saints, We Just Like To Help”
Salvation Army– evangelical arm of the universal christian church that works to meet the needs of all humans through God’s word without discrimination
- Website: The Salvation Army
- Blog post: “I am a Bell Ringer”
SCAN (Stop Child Abuse & Neglect)– organization that works to eliminate the abuse and neglect of children through family services, education, and community partnerships.
- Website: SCAN
- Blog post: “A Brown Bag Lunch To Stop Abuse” “Organized Chaos For A Great Cause”
Science Central– a regional resource that provides inspiring and fun hands-on science educaiton for people of all ages.
- Website: Science Central
- Blog post: “Science, Education, and Smiles”
St. Vincent de Paul Society– an international Catholic organization that leads men and women to grow together through person-to-person services for needy people.
- Website: St Vincent de Paul Society
- Blog post: “People Make Organizations Special”
Stamp Out Hunger Food Drive– The largest single-day food drive in the United States that is carried out by National Association of Letter Carriers.
- Website: Stamp Out Hunger
- Blog post: “Stamping Out Hunger”
Sexual Assault Treatment Center– a respected and trusted resource for superior medical forensic care, education, and research in bringing justice to those impacted by sexual assault and abuse.
- Website: Sexual Assault Treatment Center
- Blog post: “Making a Difference in the Lives of Sexual Assault Victims”
Street Reach for the Homeless– homeless ministry serving those living on the street of Fort Wayne.
- Website: Street Reach for the Homeless
- Blog post: “Dinner, Duds, and Great Conversation”
Study Connection– tutoring program that matches adults with children who need extra help with homework.
- Website: Study Connection
- Blog post: “Making a Connection”
The Crossing Educational Center– empowers struggling student to become contributing members of their communities through academics, job training, and faith-based mentoring.
- Website: The Crossing
- Blog post: “Empowering Struggling Students”
The Franciscan Center– lending neighbors a helping hand through ministry.
- Website: The Franciscan Center
- Blog post: “A Little Brown Bag” “Lending A Hand Through A Store”
The Fort Wayne Rescue Mission– organization that provides restorative care to men, women, and children who face a homeless crisis.
- Website: The Rescue Mission
- Blog post: “Four Girls and The Rescue Mission” “Hunger And Homelessness Awareness Week”
The World Needs More Love Letters– Organization that uplifting, empowering, and mobilizing individuals through tangible acts of love.
- Website: “The World Needs More Love Letters”
- Blog post: “Love Letters for Strangers”
The Super Service Challenge– a national campaign to transform business through service. Teams of coworkers join together, serve a nonprofit of their choice and record a video of their service project as an entry into the Challenge. These videos can win funding, provided by The Challenge, for the nonprofit served.
- Website: Super Service Challenge
- Blog post: “Are You Up For A Challenge?”
Trinity English Lutheran Church– faith-based organization that serves the community through a variety of ministries.
- Website: Trinity English Lutheran Church
- Blog post: “Bread For The World”
Turnstone– provides therapeutic, educational, wellness, and recreational programs to empower people with disabilities.
- Website: Turnstone
- Blog post: “Creating Possibilities”
United Way | Real Men Read– organization that leads community development by funding and partnering with non-profit organizaitons.
- Website: United Way | Real Men Read
- Blog posts: “A Day of Caring”
Urban League– enables urban residents and others to secure economic self-reliance, parity, power, and civil rights.
- Website: Urban League
- Blog post: “A League of Their Own”
USO of Indiana– provides services to the uniformed service men and women within the state of Indiana.
- Website: USO of Indiana
- Blog post: “Until Everyone Comes Home”
V-Day– global movement to end violence towards women and girls
- Website: V-Day
- Blog post: “Rising Up to End Violence Against Women”
Vera Bradley Foundation for Breast Cancer– non-profit organization that raises money for breast cancer research
- Website: Vera Bradley Foundation
- Blog Post: “Pink Shirts and Pink Balls”
Vincent Village– organization that alleviates the problems of homelessness by providing shelter, care, advocacy, supportive services, and affordable housing
- Website: Vincent Village
- Blog post: “A Meal With Good People”
Volunteer Center @ RSVP– organization that assists the Fort Wayne community to solve community issues through organized volunteer service
- Website: Volunteer Center @ RSVP
- Blog post: “Share the Warmth of a Coat”
Wellspring Interfaith Services– people of faith working together to support and enrich the lives of Fort Wayne’s central city residents.
- Website: Wellspring Interfaith Services
- Blog post: “A Morning with Seniors”
Women’s Bureau– a not-for-profit organization that promotes equality and opportunities for all women.
- Website: Women’s Bureau
- Blog post: “Walk A Mile In Her Shoes”
Wounded Warrior Project- organization that fosters the most successful, well-adjusted generation of wounded service members in our nation’s history
- Website: Wounded Warrior Project
- Blog post: “Helping Others By Running”
Write A Prisoner Dot Com– social website dedicated to positive change for inmates
- Website: WriteAPrisoner.com
- Blog post: “Reaching Out to Those Behind Bars”
Wunderkammer Company– organization that strives to revitalize communities through contemporary art
- Website: Wunderkammer Company
- Blog post: “Promoting The Arts, Building Community”
YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne– provides programming to the community that builds a healthy spirit, mind, and body for all.
- Website: YMCA of Greater Fort Wayne
- Blog post: “Healthy Spirit, Mind, and Body”
This list will continue to grow as we visit different community organizations each week!